Meet the Pack - Tami Lund

Look what we dug up in the Wolf Pack archives... author interviews!


Interview originally published in April 2017.

Pricing and other information may not be up to date.

 Tami Lund 



Hey there! My name is Tami Lund, and I write shifters. And witches. And vampires. And magical people called Lightbearers. Oh yeah, and Cupids. Yes, Cupids. And no, they aren't toddlers with wings, who fly around shooting bows and arrows at people (Cupids have lousy aim).

Aside from what's going on in my head, when I'm forced to join the real world, I think I do a reasonable job of acting like a typical human being. I have a thing for wine, I treat my dog like she's my second child, and my husband like he's my third. 2016 was the year from hell (my son died), even though I flew out to Cali for the InD'Scribed Conference and won an award for one of my books (Undercover Heat). See, typical, right? (Okay, maybe not so much, which might help explain why I write paranormal romance...)

~~~~~

What sparked the idea for your first (or latest) series?


Funny story, this. Once upon a time, I think it was 2010, I took an online writing class. And the instructor said, write something different, unusual. This will capture readers' attention.

So I came up with the idea of Lightbearers, people whose magic is renewable and comes from the sun. Cut them off from sunlight for too long and they'll die. I threw in shifters because, well, I love shifters. And then as the series progressed, I've added other magical beings, like Cupids, and eventually, water sprites and demons. And who knows what else I'll come up with?

The reason this question makes me chuckle is because now a-days, it seems "unique" isn't the way to go. Readers want their shapeshifters and vampires and fae. So I guess it's a good thing I included shifters in this series right from the beginning, eh?



Shifters dominate the human world, while Lightbearers stay hidden away in their magically-protected coterie. That is, until Olivia Bennett, princess of the Lightbearers, is captured by the most powerful shifter of them all—Quentin Lyons, who believes that to kill a Lightbearer is to inherit her magic. His son Tanner doesn’t believe his father’s theory. In the ultimate betrayal, Tanner rescues Olivia and vows to return her to her home. Along the way, he discovers an attraction to the Lightbearer princess that becomes increasingly more difficult to ignore. The attraction makes no sense. Lightbearers and shifters have been mortal enemies since the dawn of time. He’s supposed to feel the urge to kill her, not … well, you know.

AmazonUS   AmazonUK   AmazonAU   AmazonCA

~~~~~

Who would you pick to play one of your heroes in a movie and why?


Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Reynolds, Ryan Reynolds. I swear, he is the quintessential hero in my eyes. Funny, sexy, funny, and with a heart of gold. True confession: I sometimes have a hard time writing true "bad boys." I do much better with funny guys who might be a tad broken and use humor as a way to cover it up, but ultimately are really honorable guys with hearts of gold. Gavin Rowan from my Twisted Fate Series is exactly this guy. God, I love Ryan, er, Gavin.















There are two kinds of shifters: Rakshasa and Light Ones. Rakshasa want to snack on human bones. Light Ones want to protect the humans. Unfortunately, the Rakshasa are currently winning the battle, as the Light Ones are not fertile. Only one type of Light One, exceedingly rare females called Chala, are able to produce offspring. The Rakshasa know this, and have managed to nearly decimate the population. Enter Gavin Rowan, a cursed Rakshasa who believes he is a Light One. He feels all his Rakshasa urges to kill, but has been cursed to protect the Light Ones instead. Throw Sydney Amataya into the mix. She is a Chala--except she doesn't know it. At least not until Gavin saves her from a Rakshasa attack and then declares her as his mate...

AmazonUS   AmazonUK   AmazonAU   AmazonCA

~~~~~

What's next?


Speaking of Gavin from Of Love and Darkness, you'll finally get to find out his and Sydney's fate this summer! Prisoner of Fate, the third book in the Twisted Fate series, comes out in July. I'm so excited!

Okay, so the book is actually Lily's story (she makes her rather shocking appearance during Mardi Gras in the second book, Prim and Proper Fate), but her story revolves around Gavin and Sydney's HEA. In fact, their happily ever after sort of hinges on Lily's choices in Prisoner of Fate. Maybe I shouldn't include 'sort of', because, yeah ... There are definitely a lot of moving pieces in this chess board of a finale to the series. And as you read this newsletter, I am buried in edits and probably drinking copious amounts of wine because OMG, the end of a series is always so *hard*. I want everything to wrap up in a nice, tight, perfectly symmetrical bow, yet, truthfully, I don't want to say goodbye to these characters! 

So yeah, that's what's next ... saying goodbye to the characters in the Twisted Fate series. Sniff, sniff.

Of Love and Darkness - links are above

Prisoner of Fate - coming in July!
















Brandon Haines hates Fates. As far as he’s concerned, they serve no good purpose. Even Prim. She’s sex and candy walking, and he may not be able to get her out of his head, but that doesn’t mean he’s going to do anything about it. Except now Gavin Rowan’s curse has been lifted, and Prim is the only one who can re-curse him. Otherwise, Brandon’s whole damn species will be annihilated...

AmazonUS   AmazonUK   AmazonAU   AmazonCA

~~~~~

Join her here:


Newsletter
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

~~~~~

FREEBIE:

















The year is 1512. Shapeshifter Xander Wulf believes that to kill a Lightbearer is to inherit her magic. If only he can find one... And then he does -- but he doesn’t kill Sabine Flemming. For the first time he suspects killing her isn’t how he can gain her magic. He just needs to eliminate James Bennett, King of the Lightbearers—who wants to mate with Sabine—so he can prove his new theory.

AmazonUS   AmazonUK   AmazonAU   AmazonCA